Thank God it’s Friday…T.G.I.F. I see it everywhere today on Facebook and it means nothing to me whatsoever. All of my days tend to run together in a blur so Friday is really just a day like any other. Which is okay. I’m happy for any day I wake up breathing. It’s all good.
Not too long ago, I posted on FB a couple of things that annoy me. One being when people reply with just “k.” What in the hell kind of response is that? What am I to take from it? K as in Special K – you missed breakfast this morning? K as in OK – you’re telling me you’re okay? K as in OK Corral – you’re a history buff and want to share your knowledge with me? I don’t get it. It’s rude and yes, extremely annoying.
The other thing I mentioned on FB and in a blog was cell phones. I hate them. They annoy me. I hate to hear them ring and I can’t stand talking on the phone.
I have a friend who has made an effort of working “k” into almost every comment she makes on my FB wall and I must admit, I laugh out loud every single time she does it. She’s taken something that annoys me and made it funny and for that, I love her. Last night she and I had an exchange on FB that went like this:
MY STATUS: If my cell phone rings one more time and it’s not who I want it to be, I’m smashing it w/ a hammer.
BOO-BOO (This is my nickname for her): Ring ring…… K
ME: You are the ONLY person on this planet that can get away with that! lol!
BOO-BOO: Gotta keep you on your toes with a smile on your face! 😉 lol you’ll never admit another thing that annoys you to me….. lmbo!
ME: Not entirely true. I might tell you other things that annoy me just b/c you make me laugh at them. However, the list is quite long so it’ll keep YOU on YOUR toes! 😉
BOO-BOO: One of my biggest pet peeves is people leaving shopping carts in the parking lot near cars. My oldest son’s previous girl friend always said she was going to wait for me to go inside Publix then surround my car with carts. Well, last week my car was surrounded but she was nowhere around…. It was funny until I realized it wasn’t her! I posted a pic of it…. lol
Here is the result of that shopping cart incident. Yes, I LAUGHED!
A few minutes after that exchange, she posted this on my wall: Compiling a list of “Things that annoy Lisa” What ya got?…… Ready, set go!
So, at her request, I will list a few more things that annoy me and we’ll see what she can do!
1. Hair left on the soap. Explain this to me because it is so beyond disgusting I can’t get my head around why people do this.
2. Noise when I’m sleeping. I detest people waking me up but when they do it with annoying noise, it makes me want to go all Hannibal Lecter on their ass.
3. Chip bags that get wadded up. Let’s be orderly, shall we? Fold down the top neatly, secure it with a clip.
4. Cat hair on my towels. We have 10 cats and I go to unbelievable extremes to make sure no cat hair gets on my towels. Seriously…hate drying off and walking out of the bathroom covered in enough fur to make another damn cat.
5. People who play out family drama on Facebook. SHUT UP. We all get pissed and we all have probably written a status to say how pissed we are, but to have an entire Hatfield/McCoy scenario played out for the world to see? Truly, we can all do without the drama.
6. Smacking. It’s simple. Close your mouth when you eat.
7. Hearing paper rattle. Ok, even I have to admit this is a bizarre thing but it truly grates on my nerves. Some people get freaked out with fingernails on a chalkboard, I get freaked out hearing paper rattle.
8. People or a person standing over me. For the love of all that is holy, find a chair and sit in it! Don’t hover!
9. Those ridiculous to get into without a jack hammer + a saw + ten other power tools + dynamite plastic covers that electronics or other items come in. Really? Is that necessary?
10. Wadded up blankets. This is perfectly acceptable when you’re sleeping alone. Wad away! But when you are sharing a bed with someone, it is impossible to get adequate blanket coverage when the other person insists on wadding up the bedding.
Before you all begin to think I’m completely insane (or is it too late?) I’ll stop for now. This is only a partial list but it’s enough.
Have a great weekend friends!